Among the many types of ball valves, 3-way ball valves are an effective solution for mixing, diverting and selecting applications.
Valworx offers an extensive selection of 3-way valves, delivering products that meet our customers' high quality, performance and delivery standards.
What is a 3-Way Ball Valve?
Mixing Valves: Combine two fluid streams into one.
Diverting Valves: Divert fluids to one of two output ports.
Selecting Valves: Takes incoming fluid from one of two ports and moves it through the output port.
You can operate 3-way valves manually with a lever used to open and close the desired passages, or you can control them using electric or pneumatic actuating motors for automated operation.
Types of 3-Way Valves For Sale Online
T-port and L-port valves indicate the bore design and media flow path. Because valve ports can be positioned differently, it is important to know the bore design to ensure your desired media flow is possible.
T-port 3-way valves feature a ball with three holes in a T-pattern. These versatile valves are suitable for selecting, diverting and mixing modes, depending on their valve settings:
- T1 Flow Path (Left Mixing): Media enters from the left and flows through the valve, mixing all ports in position two until diverting left and exiting through the position two front port.
- T2 Flow Path (Left Diverter): Media enters from the left and moves through the valve in position one until it diverts left out the position two front port.
- T3 Flow Path (Right Diverter): Media enters from the right and flows through the valve in position two, diverting right and out the position one front port.
- T4 Flow Path (Right Mixing): Media enters from the right and travels through the valve, mixing all ports in position one, diverting right and exiting through the position two front port.
T-port valves always have an active fluid path regardless of setting, meaning they are always open and can never be fully closed.
L-ports are valves with two holes drilled in the ball at a 90-degree angle to move fluid from multiple sources. These 3-way ball valves resemble an L-shape and are used for diverting and selecting applications but do not operate as mixing valves. They feature two settings to redirect fluid flow to the right or left.
3-Way Valve Actuation
Valworx valves come with an integral mount for easy attachment to a valve actuator. (For a primer on motorized valves click here). The standard valve setting depends on the type of actuator.
APPLICATIONS OF 3-WAY VALVES
Because 3-way ball valves are reliable, user-friendly and promote lasting service life, these devices are a common type of multiport valve. Three-way valves offer a simple, economic means of providing shut-off and flow direction control in a single valve body, and they are versatile for use in numerous applications, including:
- Steam service
- Air, vapor and gaseous systems
- Process flow control
BUY 3-WAY BALL VALVES FROM VALWORX TODAY
You can find 3-way valves for sale online at Valworx. We build, test and ship actuated valves the same day you order them, providing customers with fast and efficient ordering and delivery.
Add our 3-way valves to your cart today, or contact us for more information on our products.
For more information regarding three-way ball valves, click here for ProTips: 3-Way Ball Valves.